MOBILEYE® COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES NOTICE
This Mobileye Cookies and Similar Technologies Notice (“Notice”) was last updated in May, 2018.
- WHAT ARE COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES?
Cookies are small files—usually consisting of letters and numbers—placed on your computer, tablet, phone, or similar device, when you use that device to visit a web site. Cookies are widely used by web site owners to make their web sites operate, work more efficiently, and provide analytic information.
These are the different types of Cookies we and our service providers may use on our Sites:
- Essential Cookies. These Cookies are required for the operation of our Sites (for example, to enable you to log into secure areas of our web site or use a shopping cart). These Cookies enable you to move around the Sites and use their features. Disabling these Cookies will encumber the Sites’ performance and may make the features and services unavailable.
- Analytics and Customization Cookies. These Cookies allow us to analyze activities on our Sites and on other sites where we post content in order to improve and optimize the way our Sites work. For example, we may use these types of Cookies to ensure that visitors can easily find the information they are looking for on our web sites. One way we do this is to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around our web site when they are using it. Analytics cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our advertising campaigns and to optimize our Sites’ content for those who engage with our advertising.
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Sites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Advertising Cookies. These Cookies record your online activities, including your visits to our Sites, the pages you have visited, and the links and advertisements you have clicked. One purpose of this is to help make the content displayed on our Sites more relevant to you. Another purpose is to allow us and our service providers to deliver advertisements or other communications to you that are designed to be more relevant to your apparent interests. For example, Microsoft who collects personal data in accordance with its privacy statements available on: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement (as may be amended from time to time). When we and our service providers do so, this also involves partners such as publishers, data management platforms, and demand-side platforms that help to manage the data. For example, if you look at one page on one of our Sites, we may cause an advertisement to be delivered to you, on our Sites or on other sites, for products referenced on that page or for similar products and services. We and our service providers and partners may also append other data to information collected by these Cookies, including information obtained from third parties, and share this information with third parties for the purpose of delivering ads to you.
- HOW DOES MOBILEYE COLLECT AND USE OTHER INFORMATION?
- Help us and third parties obtain information about your visits to the Sites;
- Process your orders;
- Analyze your visiting patterns to improve our Sites;
- Deliver advertising, communications, and content from us and third parties, on our Sites and those of third parties, specific to your interests;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Help you obtain information you are looking for;
- Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions; and
- Measure how many people use our Sites, and how they use them, to keep our Sites running efficiently and to better understand our Sites’ audiences.
If you register on one of our Sites, or otherwise provide us with your personal information, we may associate that information with other information we collect from or about you or that you provide, information regarding your use of our Sites, or information we receive from or about you from third parties. We will use this combined data for marketing and analytics purposes.
- HOW LONG DO COOKIES STAY ON MY DEVICE?
Some Cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions—they do not expire when you close your browser. These Cookies are called “persistent” Cookies. The length of time a persistent Cookie stays on your device varies from Cookie to Cookie. We and others use persistent Cookies for a variety of purposes, such as to store your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our Sites, how often you return, how your use of the Sites may vary over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Other Cookies operate from the time you visit a Mobileye service to the end of that particular web browsing session. These Cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser. These Cookies are called “session” Cookies.
- WHO PUTS THE COOKIES ON MY DEVICE?
Cookies may be placed on your device by Mobileye as the Site operator. These Cookies are called “first party” Cookies. Some Cookies may be placed on your device by a party other than Mobileye. These Cookies are called “third party” Cookies. For example, a Mobileye partner may place a third party Cookie to enable online chat services.
Cookies may also be used that allow us and third parties to know when you visit our Sites, and to understand how you interact with e-mails, advertisements, or other content. Through Cookies, aggregate and other information not identifying individual users (such as your operating system, browser version, and the URL you came from, including from e-mails and advertisements) may be obtained and used to enhance your experience and understand traffic patterns. This technology counts the number of users who visit a particular service from specific banner advertisements outside the Mobileye Site or who clicked on links or graphics included in e-mail newsletters received from Mobileye. It is also used as a tool to compile aggregated statistics about how Mobileye Sites are used, to perform analytics and help us to optimize our Sites, and to help serve you advertising based on your interests, as described in further detail below.
- HOW DOES MOBILEYE USE ONLINE AND MOBILE ADVERTISING?
Ads may be delivered to you based on your online or mobile behavior (on Mobileye Sites and nonMobileye sites), your search activity, your responses to one of our advertisements or e-mails, the pages you visit, your general geographic location, or other information. These ads may appear on our Sites or on third party web sites. The technology partners with whom we work to help us conduct interestbased advertising may be members of self-regulatory associations such as the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). For Sites directed at persons located in the
European Union, we may work with technology partners who are members of the European Digital Advertising Alliance (eDAA). You may also see advertisements for third parties on Mobileye Sites or other web sites or properties, based on your visits to, and activities on, Mobileye Sites and other sites.
- HOW DO I MANAGE COOKIES?
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies. One way you can do this is through your Internet browser’s settings. Most Internet browsers allow some control of most Cookies through the browser settings (Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies you may not be able to access parts of our web site.)
- HOW DOES MOBILEYE RESPOND TO A DO NOT TRACK SIGNAL?
There is currently no industry agreed upon response to a Do Not Track signal. At this time, Mobileye Services and websites do not function differently based on a user’s Do Not Track signal.
- PRIVACY AT MOBILEYE
Mobileye is committed to privacy. For more information about Mobileye’s approach to privacy see our Privacy Notice.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
Mobileye Vision Technologies Ltd.
13 Hartom Street (sixth floor) Jerusalem, Israel
- UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE
This Notice updates and supersedes previous versions. We may change this Notice at any time. The
“LAST UPDATED” section at the top of this page states when this Notice was last revised. Any changes
to this Notice will become effective when we make the revised Notice available on or through the Sites.