MOBILEYE® COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES NOTICE
This Mobileye Cookies and Similar Technologies Notice (“Notice”) was last updated in July, 2022.
You can find out more about cookies and similar technologies, how we use them, and how to control them, below.
You can manage your preferences in relation to Cookies and Similar Technologies used on our Sites by using the Manage Cookie Setting Tool.
- WHAT ARE COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES?
Cookies are small files—usually consisting of letters and numbers—placed on your computer, tablet, phone, or similar device, when you use that device to visit a web site. Cookies are widely used by web site owners to make their web sites operate, work more efficiently, and provide analytic information.
Cookies may be placed on your device by Mobileye and third parties. We recommend using the Manage Cookie Setting Tool to express your cookie choices.
These are the different categories of Cookies we and our service providers may use on our Sites:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These Cookies are necessary for the operation of our Sites and cannot be switched off in our systems. The technology is usually only set in response to actions made by the device owner which amount to a request for services such as setting privacy preferences, logging in, filling in forms, maintaining secure login areas, maintaining state across pages and server load balancing. You can set preferences on the device itself to block these technologies, but some parts of the Mobileye sites will not then work. These technologies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance Cookies. These Cookies allow us to analyze activities on our Sites and on other sites where we post content in order to improve and optimize the way our Sites work. For example, we may use these types of Cookies to ensure that visitors can easily find the information they are looking for on our web sites. One way we do this is to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around our web site when they are using it. Performance cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns so that we can improve them and optimize our Sites’ content for those who engage with our advertising. All information these technologies collect is aggregated. If you do not allow these technologies, then Mobileye will not know when you visited or how you interacted with our experiences.
- Functional Cookies. These technologies enable Mobileye Sites to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. For example, these Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Sites; and enable us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). If you do not allow these technologies, then some or all of these services may not function properly for you.
- Targeting Cookies. These Cookies record your online activities, including your visits to our Sites, the pages you have visited, and the links and advertisements you have clicked. One purpose of this is to help make the content displayed on our Sites more relevant to you. Another purpose is to allow us and our service providers to deliver advertisements or other communications to you that are designed to be more relevant to your apparent interests. For example, Mobileye uses Microsoft’s Bing advertising online. As part of this, Microsoft will collect personal data from visitors to Mobileye’s website in accordance with its privacy statements available at: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement (as may be amended from time to time). When we and our service providers use Targeting Cookies, this also involves partners such as publishers, data management platforms, and demand-side platforms that help to manage the data. For example, if you look at one page on one of our Sites, we may cause an advertisement to be delivered to you, on our Sites or on other sites, for products referenced on that page or for similar products and services. We and our service providers and partners may also append other data to information collected by these Cookies, including information obtained from third parties, and share this information with third parties for the purpose of delivering ads to you. If you do not allow these technologies, then you will experience less targeted advertising.
- HOW DOES MOBILEYE COLLECT AND USE OTHER INFORMATION?
- Help us and third parties obtain information about your visits to the Sites;
- Process your orders;
- Analyze your visiting patterns to improve our Sites;
- Deliver advertising, communications, and content from us and third parties, on our Sites and those of third parties, specific to your interests;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Help you obtain information you are looking for;
- Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions; and
- Measure how many people use our Sites, and how they use them, to keep our Sites running efficiently and to better understand our Sites’ audiences.
If you register at one of our Sites, or otherwise provide us with your personal information, we may associate that information with other information we collect from or about you or that you provide, information regarding your use of our Sites, or information we receive from or about you from third parties. We will use this combined data for marketing and analytics purposes.
- HOW LONG DO COOKIES STAY ON MY DEVICE?
Some Cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions—i.e., they do not expire when you close your browser. These Cookies are called “persistent” Cookies. The length of time a persistent Cookie stays on your device varies from Cookie to Cookie. We and others use persistent Cookies for a variety of purposes, such as to store your preferences so that they are available for your next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our Sites, how often you return, how your use of the Sites may vary over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Other Cookies operate from the time you visit a Mobileye Site? to the end of that particular web browsing session. These Cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser. These Cookies are called “session” Cookies.
- WHO PUTS THE COOKIES ON MY DEVICE?
Cookies may be placed on your device by Mobileye as the Site operator. These Cookies are called “first party” Cookies. Some Cookies may be placed on your device by a party other than Mobileye. These Cookies are called “third party” Cookies. For example, a Mobileye partner may place a third-party Cookie to enable online chat services.
Cookies may also be used that allow us and third parties to know when you visit our Sites, and to understand how you interact with e-mails, advertisements, or other content. Through Cookies, aggregate and other information not identifying individual users (such as your operating system, browser version, and the URL you came from, including from e-mails and advertisements) may be obtained and used to enhance your experience and understand traffic patterns. This technology counts the number of users who visit a particular service from specific banner advertisements outside the Mobileye Site or who clicked on links or graphics included in e-mail newsletters received from Mobileye. It is also used as a tool to compile aggregated statistics about how Mobileye Sites are used, to perform analytics and help us to optimize our Sites, and to help serve you advertising based on your [apparent] interests, as described in further detail below.
- HOW DOES MOBILEYE USE ONLINE AND MOBILE ADVERTISING?
Advertisements may be delivered to you based on your online or mobile behavior (on Mobileye Sites and non-Mobileye sites), your search activity, your responses to one of our advertisements or e-mails, the pages you visit, your general geographic location, or other factors. These ads may appear on our Sites or on third-party web sites. The technology partners with whom we work to help us conduct interest-based advertising may be members of self-regulatory associations such as the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). For Sites directed at persons located in the European Union, we may work with technology partners who are members of the European Digital Advertising Alliance (eDAA). You may also see advertisements for third parties on Mobileye Sites or other web sites or properties, based on your visits to, and activities on, Mobileye Sites and other sites.
- HOW DO I MANAGE COOKIES?
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies (other than Strictly Necessary Cookies, as explained above). One way you can do this is through your Internet browser’s settings. Most Internet browsers allow some control of most Cookies through the browser settings (but please note that if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies you may not be able to access parts of our web site.) The following links take you to information on how to manage the Cookies settings on some popular browsers:
- WHAT ABOUT SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES?
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. Mobileye may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called "tracking pixels" or "clear gifs"). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our Sites or opened a communication that we have sent them. This enables us to assess the effectiveness of communications. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
- HOW DOES MOBILEYE RESPOND TO A ‘DO NOT TRACK’ SIGNAL?
There is currently no industry-agreed-upon response to a ‘Do Not Track’ signal. At this time, Mobileye Services and websites do not function differently based on a user’s Do Not Track signal. For more information on Do Not Track, see All About Do Not Track.
- PRIVACY AT MOBILEYE
Mobileye is committed to privacy. For more information about Mobileye’s approach to privacy see our Privacy Notice.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
- By email to the Data Protection officer at email@example.com;
By mail to the address below:
Mobileye Vision Technologies Ltd
Attn: Privacy/Legal Department
13 Hartom St.,
Jerusalem, Israel 9777513
In the European Economic Area, by contacting our European Data Protection Officer at the address below:
European Data Protection Officer
Mobileye Germany GmbH
Lütticher Str. 132
40547 Düsseldorf, Germany.
- UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE
This Notice updates and supersedes previous versions. We may change this Notice at any time. The "Last Updated" section at the top of this page states when this Notice was last revised. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we make the revised Notice available on or through the Sites.