November 05, 2019
Mobileye Hosts First Summit Since Intel Acquisition
Investors, journalists, and industry leaders briefed on Mobileye’s latest strategies.
Prof. Amnon Shashua speaks at the 2019 Mobileye DRIVES Investor Summit in Jerusalem
On November 5, 2019, Mobileye and Intel hosted an investor summit at the Mobileye headquarters in Jerusalem. The summit, named DRIVES (Data, Robofleet, Innovation, Vision, Economics, Safety), was Mobileye’s first investor summit since its 2017 acquisition by Intel.
The event was attended by 30 influential guests, including senior analysts, investors and journalists and included demos, in-depth technical discussions, business presentations, and executive networking.
In the course of the summit, visitors learned about Mobileye’s ADAS work with vehicle manufacturers, its new data services and exciting new developments in the field of autonomous vehicles. There was also an in-depth look at the company’s business strategy and growth plan as well as details regarding Mobileye’s role as major growth engine for Intel.
During their visit to the Mobileye garage, investors and analysts participated in four demos. These included:
- A look at how Mobileye is mapping roads worldwide in preparation for autonomous vehicles with Tal Babaioff, VP of Mapping and Localization and Co-General Manager REM
- An explanation of Mobileye’s proposed safety standard for autonomous vehicles - Responsibility-Sensitive Safety (RSS) - with Jack Weast, VP of Autonomous Vehicle Standards
- A description of Mobileye’s sensing technology with Gaby Hayon, EVP of Research and Development
- Finally, visitors got to see how all this technology comes together when they took a ride through Jerusalem in an autonomous vehicle.
Two major announcements which Shashua made during the event included:
- A collaboration between Mobileye and France’s RATP Group (Régie Autonome des Transports Parisiens); Mobileye and RATP are working to deploy autonomous transportation solutions based on Mobileye technology, exploring the possibility of a joint offering for robotaxi shuttle fleets globally.
- The shipment of more than 50 million EyeQ chips since 2008.
Watch the highlights from the 2019 Mobileye DRIVES Investor Summit in the video below.
Contact our PR team